Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My March Must Haves

Around this time of year things start to blur.  I have a million things going on when all I want to do is start enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.  Hopefully the later will be coming soon and todays 50 plus degree weather was much needed.  Below are my must haves for making it through March.  Luckily spring break is only a few weeks away. 
1.  Sharpies are a staple in my office.  I get bored very easily and using blue/black ink on all my important documents (504s/IEPs). If I could I would use bright pink for everything.  Sharpies come in handy for everything else.

Sharpie Fine-Tip Permanent Marker, 24-Pack Assorted Colors2. Koosh balls come in handy for all sorts of activies.  I leave some on my desk for when kids visit me in my office.  I don't know what it is but kids gravitate towards the balls all day.  The koosh balls are also great for all sorts of guidance games.  For extreme cases the ball can be used as a talking stick or in this case ball - only the person holding the ball may talk.

3. For the days I have not fully prepared for class Classroom Guidance from A-Z is a must have.  No matter what subject I am teaching there is a lesson in this book.  From bullying to stress management to body odor and everything in between this book is essential for all middle school counselors.

4. Target is by far one of my top three favorite stores.  The other day I had the rare oppurtunity to go to Target All By MYSELF.  The Target dollor bin is great for finding counseling supplies.  I've found balls, play doh, candy and other snacks, stickers, books, pencils, prizes, and many other items all for ONE dollar. 

5. I saved the best for last.  When I have one of those trying days I simply look at sweet M and C and there is an instant smile on my face.  .

No comments:

Post a Comment